The average furnace lifespan can vary between 15-20 years. If you have an old inefficient unit and been holding off on replacement, it may be costing you more money in the long run. Today we’ll take a look at 7 of the most common reasons to replace your furnace.
- Age of Your Furnace: The average gas powered forced air furnace will last between 15 and 20 years if the owner has taken proper care of the unit. If your furnace is within that age range or if it is older, be a proactive homeowner and replace the furnace before it breaks down at an untimely time this winter.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger: Many people are confused when they are told that the furnace must be replaced when the heat exchanger is found to have a crack in it. A cracked or rusted out heat exchangers is a known cause of carbon monoxide leaks in the home. Running a unit with this problem could have severe consequences.
- High Energy Bills: One thing every homeowner can expect this winter is a rise in the cost of gas to heat your home. If you are running an old inefficient unit, that could mean a big increase in your energy bills as well. Lessen the blow by replacing that old unit with a new high efficiency furnace. You could save around 30% on your heating bills this winter!
- Go Green: Taking care of our planet is everyone’s responsibility. If you are running a unit that is only 65% efficient of less, your home is wasting tons of energy every year. Reduce your carbon footprint and do your part to help the environment by installing a new high efficiency furnace in your home today!
- High Repair Costs: If the unit that you currently have is in disrepair, the repair costs to the unit may not be worth it. Why invest hundreds of dollars in repair now when that old unit may not last much longer anyways?
- Flooded Basement: Thousands of homes experiences flooding this past summer, and as a result, the furnace may have undergone some water damage. If this happened to you, don’t put off replacing the unit any longer! Attempting to run a water damaged furnace can lead to unexpected system failure, carbon monoxide leaks, and electrical fires.
- Unpredictable Heating: If that old furnace isn’t evenly heating the home, a new high efficiency unit may solve all of your problems! The new technology on the market today increases comfort and reliability of your heating system. Don’t be left out in the cold this winter!
Our full line of Lennox furnaces are designed to deliver reliable and economical warmth and have efficiency ratings from 80% all the way up to 98% AFUE. Contact us today for a free estimate on a new furnace and be on your way to a warm and comfortable winter.